Monday, March 15, 2021

New Free Pandemic Coloring Page #105!

Celebrate the small moments. They all count. They all contribute to your quality of life and feeling of self worth. 

I rode my bike yesterday. 7 miles. It is an ebike, but contrary to popular belief, that is not the same as a moped. You have to pedal, even if you have turned on pedal assist, you have to pedal the whole time (unless you are coasting down hill). I live with permanent damage to my knees, wrist, and elbow and riding a bike (without excessive pain) was taken out of my ability range for a long time, but with level 1 pedal assist for the giant hills in my area and my super cool vertical ergo grips, I can ride. I have ridden 168 miles since getting this bike last October and I plan to ride 500 miles in 2021, so yes, I'm celebrating 7 miles. 

Challenge yourself and celebrate every step toward that goal. 

If you want to join me in the Get Out and Go challenge to ride, walk, jog, skip, dance, swim, skateboard, roller skate, etc.... 500 miles (or any amount you complete) in 2021, Comment on this post or the post from last Wednesday to let me know. #GetOutandGo 


On a different note - Today is day 377 of quarantine and while everyone around me is claiming to be eligible for the vaccine, I suspect many are not being truthful. I am not yet eligible. I will not sign up until I am. I realize that starting today in Georgia, if I had gained 20 lbs during the past year of quarantine, I would not be over 25 bmi and qualify - however, I did not. I stayed fit. I worked hard to stay fit while baking cookies and brownies and breads for my family. My group is next. I've waited a year, I'll wait for my group. You do you.

No comments:

Post a Comment