Monday, April 19, 2021

New Free Pandemic Coloring Page #116!

Today's page is in honor of a good friend, Andy, who is battling colon cancer. He is incredibly strong. Positive. Confident. He hasn't given up. The love of his life hasn't given up. I haven't given up and neither have dozens, if not hundreds, more of his friends and family who love him. He is the bravest and strongest person that I know. He amazes me every day. Keep fighting Andy! You have got this. 

Life throws you curve balls, challenges, things that you can't fathom how you will get past, but don't give up. 

Inspired by such powerful people like Andy in my life, I don't give up. I was told, 25 years ago, that it was likely that I wouldn't walk again after I crushed my femur and lost the cartilage in both knees. I walk, not fast, but I walk. I was told that I'd have little functional use of my dominant arm after I broke the ulna and dislocated the radial head (same accident as the leg). I've spent more than 20 years drawing with that arm (I have since had to switch to my non-dominant arm, but I'm still drawing almost every day). Don't give up. A favorite quote is "The bend in the road is not the end of the road unless you fail to make the turn." I know that I can walk, I just walk shorter distances and sometimes use a walking support. I know that I can draw, I just had to change how I do it. I wanted to learn how to crochet 4+ years ago and I taught myself as a righty because my left arm doesn't rotate enough. 

There is almost always a way around the obstacle. Find it. 

Today is day 414 of quarantine. I've had both doses of the vaccine. I'm still at home. I still wear a mask on the rare occasions that I go out. I'm not going to restaurants. We need everyone to get the vaccine, but sadly, Many Georgians aren't planning to get the vaccine. I don't know why and I really don't want to know. It is their decision. It just makes me sad. The sooner we can get herd immunity, the sooner we can get some semblance of a normal life. Stay strong. Get vaccinated. Wear a mask and continue to social distance. We CAN do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment