Sunday, July 20, 2014

Doodle Day: Animals with a Twist - July 14-20


Doodle Day is a daily drawing challenge and we just finished our 3rd week of Animals With a Twist. This supportive community of doodlers now has over 500 participants from around the world! We have ages 4 to 84 and everyone from teachers, parents, children, friends, friends of friends, writers, and artists of all skill levels. Hanging out with other doodlers is one of my favorite things to do so scroll down and check out my doodles for the week. Then, pick up a pencil and try creating some animals doodles for yourself.

To see my Animal Doodles from Week 1, click HERE.
To see my Animal Doodles from Week 2, click HERE.

Here are my doodles for Week3 :

PARROT
 
 
This one wasn't for a prompt. Just felt like my life was balancing act and had to doodle it.
 
 
CHIMPANZEE

ELEPHANT
 
GIRAFFE

ANY AQUARIUM CREATURE
I chose to do SEA OTTERS.
 
KANGAROO

I had a lot of fun doodling the first KANGAROO scene so I did a couple more pages in my sketchbook.
KANGAROO DISCOVERY
 

KANGAROO LEAFROG!
 
LEMUR - I chose to doodle RING TAILED LEMUR
 
If you like to doodle and want to start participating in Doodle Day, join our Facebook Group page to become part of the doodling community!
 
If you still aren't sure if Doodle Day is for you - check out this video!
 


Come back to my blog next weekend to check out another week of ANIMALS WITH A TWIST.
 
If you want to see more of my doodles and illustrations, check out my ONLINE PORTFOLIO.
You can also find me on TWITTER @AlisonHertz, GOOGLE+, PINTEREST, and FACEBOOK.
 
If Doodle Day looks like something you would enjoy participating in, CLICK HERE to go to the Facebook group where I post the prompts and more than 300 doodlers share their doodles.
 
Post a comment or suggest a Doodle theme (just keep it family friendly). : )
 
Have fun!

2 comments:

  1. Alison, Thanks for sharing your sketches from Doodle Day. I visit the facebook page everyday but I think I missed seeing some of your posts. I've been working to improve my drawing skills using Doodle Day to inspire me and keep me on task. It's great fun to see how other folks interpret the theme. As you can tell from my recent post, I'm interested in doing some drawings that are 'storytelling'. Love the tips others have shared re: this theme. I made a personal list. Let me know if you want to see it. THANKS again for keeping my nose to the grindstone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Louann, I love seeing your detailed doodles. You are a master of texture. Storytelling just means to give your characters an action in the illo. Show your fabulous characters doing something and you'll be set. : )

      Delete