Monday, May 24, 2021

 New Free Pandemic Coloring Page #126!

Copy, Print, Color

#stopthestigma #MentalHealthAwareness

In case you haven't seen my other May posts for Mental Health Awareness month, check them out by scrolling down. Today's coloring page isn't just about mental health, it includes other invisible issues including illnesses and injuries. Don't judge. Don't assume. You are better off giving everyone the benefit of the doubt and just be nice. You never know what someone is going through or what they have been dealing with. Choose kindness. Offer support or even just a shoulder to lean on. Be present for your friends and family. Be present for others - even if you don't know them. Imagine what our world would look like. 


Personal story - Last week, I was at an outdoor garden with my family and it was 3 or 4 miles of walking. I have bad knees, so I use a cane when walking distances. While taking pictures, I tossed the cane to the side and a group of women sitting and enjoying the mountain/garden view said, "Yea, you don't want to look like you need a cane." I've thought a lot about this. I do need a cane. There is no way I could have walked for 2 hours through the gardens and up and down stairs without it. I didn't need her comment - she should have kept it to herself. She didn't know me or have any clue what my injuries are or why I need the walking support. Keep it simple. Don't judge. 


No comments:

Post a Comment